Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Thing 9: Sharing - slides, photos, databases

I began sharing bookmarks with a Delicious account over a year ago. I found the ability to store bookmarks online quite useful, especially when trying to access a difficult to remember sites from remote locations. One aspect I enjoy is the ability to share bookmarks and browse through other bookmark collections. I find that shared bookmarks are entertaining and educational. I also link from others who also saved the same links to explore their interests. It is important to remember that you can choose to share or keep private any of your saved favorites.

Flikr was the next tool I used to share images which I found helpful when sharing work related images. I recently decided that Flikr is not as user friendly, deciding instead to save and share my images through Facebook. Recent proprietary concerns regarding Facebook have come up which leads me to re-evaluate photo sharing.

Youtube was introduced to me by a friend who played around with video production and I have since found that it is a superb resource for any how-to situation. Being a visually oriented learner, I find that Youtube tutorials are a great help to my understanding of how things work. For example, I recently looked up how to dance cajun style and how to build a chicken tractor, both activities which require the added dimension of visual demonstration.

I tried Twitter last month but dropped it after experiencing the multidimensional aspects of Facebook. Through facebook one can chat, email, post on a board, share images and link with other circle of friends. Facebook is both easy to use and expands one's network of friends.

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate your comments on Facebook. It seems like something I'd like to try also.

    Bill

    ReplyDelete