Sunday, March 22, 2009

Thing 14: Online Productivity Tools

I enjoyed creating an 'igoogle' page, it's all so easy and fun. I can imagine using this as my homepage at home. I could create one for work but it would look vastly different with the library homepage, our intranet, wikipedia and worldcat links. As far as adding the sticky-notes or 'Remember the Milk' goes, these tools would be more useful if they had the ability to integrate all our other calendars. I have both an outlook and a yahoo calendar which do not integrate and one of the problems I run into is double booking. Calendar Hub appeared to be the tools which could integrate my existing calendars and to-do lists, yet it would not add on-to my igoogle page.

Zamzar is helpful and should probably be added to patron desktops to help with conversion form one format to another.

No comments:

Post a Comment